HIV/AIDS (6 month Community Development Project)
According to our syllabus of Rashtrapathi test we decided to have the 6 month community development project on HIV/AIDS. After conducting the COH on 3 September 2016, it was planned to execute the project from 10 October 2016 to 31 March 2017. Cheroopa locality was selected as the area of study.
Permission from Scout Master, Head mistress, DOC and DC were gained, and we approached Dr. Bindu, MBBS, MD (Assistant professor, Dept.of Community Medicine, MCH) to discuss about our survey project and requested for all guidance and support for the same.
Later, a schedule was prepared to execute the six month community development project. The schedule is as follows:
* October - Survey the houses in Cheroopa locality.
* November - Conduct awareness class for the families.
* December - Create awareness on communicable and non- communicable diseases.
* January - Participate in the cleaning and service programmes.
* February- Conduct awareness programme to prevent waterborne and other kind of diseases
* March - Conduct awareness class for diabetic patients
We successfully completed the activities that we decided to implement as per the schedule. We were successful in creating awareness among the people of Cheroopa. It's only because of the guidance of officers and co-operation of residents of Cheroopa that we are able to complete this project successfully. The survey report was submitted to the Administration officer and we were appreciated by them for our activities.