ABOUT THE AFRICA SCOUT FOUNDATION
The Africa Scout Foundation (ASF) was set up to raise funds to support the growth and development of Scouting in the Region. Over the years, its performance has not been as expected thus this year witnessed initiatives aimed at revamping the ASF to enable it better perform its core fundraising function. With the vision of “ensuring a future for Scouting in Africa” the Africa Scout Foundation aims to promote the growth of Scouting and support more young people in Africa to gain knowledge, develop skills and attitudes through quality educational programmes towards creating a better world by continuous accumulation of capital fund.
These funds are raised through donations, grants, membership contributions and other legal methods of fundraising. The Foundation also seeks non-capital donations to support specific Scouting projects
To achieve its mission, the foundation pursues the following objectives:
• To contribute to the general budget and sustainability of the World Scout Bureau Africa Support Centre
• To contribute to the strategic goal of making Scouting the world’s leading educational youth movement, enabling 100 million young people to be active citizens creating positive change in their communities and in the world based on shared values.
• To win support for the movement in Africa by raising awareness on the role of Scouting in the lives of young people and society as a whole.
The Africa Scout Foundation in fulfilling its objectives engages in the following major activities:
• Mobilizing financial resources, material and technical support available in Africa and beyond for the benefit of Scouting
• Developing partnerships and harness individual and corporate support from friends of Scouting in and outside Africa
• Sensitizing the society on the role of the Foundation in supporting growth and development of Scouting in Africa
• Recruiting, properly managing and frequently updating members of the Foundation on its progress.
The Africa Scout Foundation has direct contact and fully cooperates with WOSM through the Africa Scout Committee, having a sole objective which is to help develop Scouting in the Africa Region. It undertakes to allocate all proceeds from
income accruing from its endowment to the World Scout Bureau Africa Support Centre; although a small portion may be
retained as a safeguard against inflation or devaluation of investments, or, if necessary, to cover the costs of its own