SOCIAL IMPACT RESEARCH GROUP MEETING
Focus of the Meeting:
- the content of the study (which skills, attitudes, knowledge and behaviors do we measure?)
- the methodology used (survey and potentially some qualitative method)
- practical arrangement for piloting the study
Venue: WSB office, Kuala Lumpur - Malaysia
Dates: 10th - 12th March 2017.
Countries represented: UK, Kenya, Singapore, Canada, Sweden, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Australia and South Africa.
Why Social Impact?
- To find the effect of individuals on personal, community or institutional level.
- Personal development (physical, social, emotional and spiritual being).
Why is measuring social impact important?
- To evaluate the youth programme
- Knowing what we do well and do better
- Explaining to those around us about the benefits of scouting
Goals for measuring social impact
- Understanding the impact of youth programme on the development of young people
- Identifying area of improvement in our youth programme
- Explaining the impact of scouting to external audiences
- Attracting new members
- Attracting more support for scouting.