Africa Regional Mesengers of Peace Workshop
The Africa Regional Better World - MoP training will take place from Monday the 2nd to Friday the 6th July 2018 in Nairobi, Kenya. The main goal of the activity is to increase capacity among National Coordinators to support National Scout Organizations to implement the MoP Initiative; as well as World Programmes, partner programmes and national initiatives. This activity also provided a strategic framework to inspire NSOs to improve their communications and operationalize the Better World Framework in their programmes across the structures for greater social impact.
Participants to this training will increase numbers and quality in the Regional MoP Core Team build the sense of ownership and leadership of the process by National Scout Organizations in Africa.
The specific objectives of this training course include to:
- Increase knowledge and skills on the MoP Initiative to support NSOs better. In this, to develop capacity
of national coordinators and Regional Core team in their role of promoters of the Scouts Global
Network in Africa.
- Strengthen the capacity of NSOs to develop relevant tools and integrate the outputs of this programme
within their respective development plans (expansion of the MoP Initiative)
- Call to more action, encourage and empower young leaders to take on and lead more community
based local initiatives to change the world into a Better as they inspire more to join Scouting.
- Increase capacity in measuring and reporting outcomes and impact.
- Conduct an evaluation of the 2017 MoP Initiative Action Plan that will feed in the development of an
Action Plan for 2018
- Set goals for the next triennium ending in 2020 for the expansion of the MoP Initiative.
These are some key outcomes of the training:
- Increased knowledge on MoP Initiative (Support Fund, Programme and Network)
- Developed a harmonized regional plan to support NSOs for 2018.
- Understanding of the relation between MOP, BWF, SDG’s and the agenda #2030.
- At least 6 Impact Stories per participating NSO for the special Kudumail Edition July 2018
- Teams of resource persons identified to enhance support to zones
There are no updates for this event