What would I do if?
Aim of the Game: To explore ways of managing emotions.
• To discuss the most difficult emotions that young people face.
• To agree on the most realistic and positive way of managing these emotions.
• To present the outputs of the discussions in a role-play.
Plenary to groups discussion.
30 minutes to 1 hour.
Board, markers or chalk, paper and pens.
• In plenary, ask the Scouts which are the top ten emotions that they (as young people) think and feel are the most difficult to handle. List the top ten on the board as agreed by the plenary body.
• Ask the Scouts within their groups discussion to talk about one or two (depending on the number of groups) of these difficult emotions and the best ways to manage them.
• Invite them to prepare a short play (sketch) to show the outputs of their discussions.
• What can you say about this activity?
• How was it talking about your feelings and ways to manage them?
• Why do you think it is important for young people like you to be able to manage your emotions?