Aim of the Game: To experience conflict and find ways to solve it.
• To talk about different types of conflict.
• To find ways to solve conflicts.
• To present these conflicts and solutions in a dramatic presentation.
Visual Aid “Types of Conflict” and copies of the conflict story.
• Explain to the Scouts that in literature, a writer employs four types of conflict:
- Man against Man - where a character or characters in a story pose a problem to another.
- Man against Nature - where natural conditions (calamities and disasters) pose a problem to the character(s).
- Man against Himself - where the character's own imperfections pose a problem to the character.
- Man against Society - where the rules, norms, values, systems and structures of a society pose a problem to the characters.
• Give out copies of the conflict story, for each group to work on and rehearse their own solutions.
• Allow ample time for the groups to talk and plan their presentations.
• How did you find the experience of talking about and presenting conflict stories and crafting your own solutions?
• What did you consider when you plotted your solutions? Why?