CBS Coordinators Terms of Reference
Position Title: National coordinator
One of the Strategic priorities of APR Plan 2009-2012 is “Community”. This strategic priority identifies the importance of extending Scout membership beyond schools, thereby creating closer relation with the community at the same time aiming for membership growth. This strategic priority is also encourages National Scout Organizations (NSOs) to promote peace Education. Community-Based Scouting Network has been established based on the Bangalore Summit recommendations. NSOs have appointed their National coordinators for CBS who are expected to follow up the CBS programmes either their at national or regional level in coordination with the World Scout Bureau Regional Office in Manila.
- To coordinate implementation and to take action on all the eleven CBS activities as per regional plan 2009-2012 action steps at national level
- To provide CBS news and photos for APR website at least once in 8 weeks concerning initiatives undertaken at national level
- To ensure contact with the World Scout Bureau Asia-Pacific Regional Office through providing information, and reporting the results regarding CBS for promotion purposes via communication channels (website, inbox, magazines, etc.)
- To follow up the CBS programmes at national level facilitating co-operation between groups conducting CBS locally and assisting them when necessary
- To support and develop the Community-Based Scouting Network in Alfresco