Welcome to the international community’s online resource for World Oceans Day, our planet’s biggest celebration of the ocean. Explore this site for ideas, resources, and information about how you can get involved.
As a scout, land and three times larger oceans is our environment. Join us with simple activity like making ocean pledge in camp or just make a splash or you may have start oceans challenge which is posted as project on projects section
Join us in a BIG WAY pledging to help the ocean and snapping a shot to share with the world.
· Make a sign with one thing you pledge to do in order to help the ocean! Make sure it says #WorldOceansDay on it. This can be a simple marker on printer paper sign, written in the beach sand, spelled out in sign language–use your imagination!
· Pose with your awesome sign: in your house, backyard, nearby river or beach, anywhere!
· Take a picture or video
· POST your picture or video and share with the world! You can post it on your profile and tag us @World Oceans Day on Facebook and @CelebrateOceans on Twitter; or you can post it directly on the World Oceans Day Facebook page
· Are you on Flickr? Upload to our Group!
Not sure what to pledge? Try one of these!:
· I pledge to buy sustainable fish
· I pledge to ask my local grocer to stock sustainable seafood
· I pledge to not eat meat on Mondays
· I pledge to bring reusable bags to the grocery store
· I pledge to get a reusable water bottle
· I pledge to bike to work one day a week instead of drive
· I pledge to shop a thrift store first instead of buying new
· I pledge to buy local food first
Let’s make sure that the world pays attention to the ocean this June 8th–by making a wave across the internet! Join people around the world by sharing for the ocean on your social media sites.
DO A LİTTLE
Just make a post about how June 8th is World Oceans Day! Tell a fact, or a tip, about how people can help. Tag us @World Oceans Day on Facebook and @CelebrateOceans on Twitter so they can get more info.
Don’t Forget Oceans are lungs of the Earth and thet regulates the weather. Recycle our precious fresh water and Absorbe 25 % of CO2 we produce
Celebrate World Oceans Day! -- June 8th
I will change the number of participants every time somebody add a comment and post a photo on flicker please dont forget to write your country here