Peace project challenge
Share your inner light
Every year, the Peace Light of Bethlehem connects people, Scouts and Guides around the world. The Peace Light travels from country to country, from home to home and from hand to hand. Receiving the Peace Light and passing it on reflects a message of hope and peace, a message of sharing your inner light.
The peace project challenge
The peace project challenge invites you to share your inner light and emphasize giving something to others. It could be a smile, a hug or an unexpected act of kindness toward others.
We invite all Scouts to create a project based on initiating a positive change with such a simple act of kindness and inspire others to do the same for others.
Steps to help you get started
These steps can help you create your peace project of the inner light.
- Think about the act of kindness and peace you want to share with others.
- Get a friend to share your idea and to help you record your act on video.
- Pick a place where you want to start and begin your act of kindness.
- Put together a video and take some pictures as well. Share it on scout.org to inspire others to do the same.
- Create your project on Scout.org to share your story. Add the number of people involved and how many service hours you invested in your peace project.
- Share it on social media so that the rest of the world can be inspired.
Get more inspiration to your peace project by watching these videos which illustrate some simple acts of kindness.