THE PARAGUAY SCOUT ASSOCIATION CELEBRATES AN EXTRAODINARY MEETING OF THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
With a view to changing the Scout Constitution of the Paraguay Scout Association (ASP) of which Sr. Pablo R, Mendez Frutos is President, an Extraordinary National Assembly was held on 3rd and 4th March 2012.
The assembled included representative groups of scouts from the cities of Pedro Juan Caballero, Encarnacion, Asuncion, Lambare, Fernando de la Mora, Luque, Ciudad del Este, Hernandarias and Coronel Oviedo.
The Extraordinary National Assembly was the successful culmination of a long process, led by capable, worthy, responsible and committed individuals who foresaw the need to establish a new institution beginning with the name recognition of THE PARAGUAY SCOUT ASSOCIATION.
Some of the important topics covered during the assembly were:
· A guarantee that assembly recognition would include all recognized scout groups within the country assigning this decision to the representatives,
· Representatives of groups to be part of the National Assembly,
· The establishment of organs of control: Control, Vigilance and Electoral commissions,
· The election of President of the ASP by the Assembly,
· The election of alternate members for all governing institutions by the Assembly.
· A guarantee of youth participation: three members over eighteen with participation and voting rights in the Assembly to be elected by the National Youth Forum.
Dr. Pablo R. Mendez Frutos in the name of the Paraguay Scout Association expressed his pride and complete satisfaction at the responsibility undertaken, the commitment and of course the successful outcome.