APR AWARDS COMMITTEE
The Asia-Pacific Regional Scout Committee recognizes individuals for their outstanding contribution to Scouting at National, International level and remarkable achievements through the APR Scout Award for Distinguished Services, APR Chairman’s Award, Certificate of Good Service Award and APR Gallantry Award. As per the awards criteria, the Regional Scout Committee will make the decision based on the recommendations of the APR Awards Committee formed by the Regional Committee.
The Regional Scout Committee will nominate the Awards Committee, at the first Regional Committee meeting following the Regional Conference each triennium. The term of appointment is for three years but renewable for a period of up to six years.
The Awards committee is composed of six members:
1. Two members selected from amongst the APR Scout Committee members.
2. Three Leaders, selected by the Regional Scout Committee of notable experience in the development of Scouting and knowledge of the region having served the Region in various capacities for a period of not less than 10 years
3. Regional Director, World Scout Bureau/APR
The Awards Committee members should elect the Chairman.
The Director in-charge in the APR office Administration shall serve as the Secretary.
To ensure the effective implementation of the APR Awards criteria in recommending eligible candidates for regional awards to the APR Scout Committee.
1. Serve as an advisory body to the Asia-Pacific Regional Scout Committee on matters relating to the selection of APR Awardees.
2. To ensure that the nominations meet the criteria for the award and follow the time frame set for the respective awards.
3. Make recommendations to the Regional Scout Committee for recognizing eligible Scout Leaders for Distinguished Service Award, Chairman’s Award, Certificate of Good Service Award and Gallantry Awards.
4. Ensure that the respective awards criteria are respected and strictly applied.
Terms of Office
Upon retirement of any member of the Awards Committee, a replacement will be made at the next Regional Scout Committee meeting. The Awards Committee is a permanent Awards Committee responsible to the Regional Scout Committee.
Three members shall make the quorum of a meeting. Generally the committee will work through e-mail correspondence and where possible
prior to a Regional Scout Committee meeting.
It is recommended that the Awards Committee shall meet at least once a year and the cost of attendance shall be borne by the member or arranged at his/her own level.