How to get the SW Award?
The Scouts of the World Award is granted to young people having successfully accomplished a “Scouts of the World Discovery” and a “Scouts of the World Voluntary Service”.
The Scouts of the World Award is a special award showing that a young person is aware of world issues (Scouts of the World Discovery) and has acquired through a voluntary service the necessary experience and skills to become a citizen of the world.
The Scouts of the World Award should not be considered as a separate programme to be managed by a specific team or requiring the development of specific structures within a National Scout Organization. On the contrary, the Scouts of the World Award should be integrated into the programme of the senior section (Rovers), under the responsibility of the National Commissioner or Director of that section.
The Scouts of the World Award concerns global citizenship-preparation for young adults and emphasises three core-themes which demand understanding, skills and knowledge, for improved life on a small planet: Environment, development or peace.
The Scouts of the World Award helps the NSOs develop partnerships with specialized agencies, with whom WOSM has signed a Memorandum of Understanding, and presents an opportunity for NSOs to develop partnerships and to help each other share human resources and knowledge.
How to get the Scouts of the World Award?
Any young person between 15 and 26 years old, girl or boy, member of the Scout Movement or not, can obtain the Scouts of the World Award. The following steps have to be followed:
- Contact the National Scout Association and ask for information on the SW Award, and inquire as to where to accomplish a SW Discovery and how to register it.
- Register and accomplish a SW Discovery in order to acquire more knowledge and skills and prepare a SW Voluntary Service.
- Do a SW Voluntary Service either individually or within a team project.
- Complete an evaluation process and record his/her experience in the SW Passport, and send it to a SW Base or to the Provincial/National Headquarters.
- If the recorded experience fulfils the requested criteria, the SW Award is delivered.