Build me a House
Aim of the Game: To build a house out of personal belongings.
• To talk about how to build a house out of the given materials.
• To construct a house using the given materials.
• To stretch the imagination and work creatively
Personal belongings from members of the groups, a set of the following items for each group: a sheet of paper, a small rock, a safety pin, a piece of string one metre long, a ball made of paper.
• Ask each group to collect 15 personal items that they have with them e.g. pens, belts, wristwatches, ear rings etc.
• Give the group the set of fixed items and make sure that they do not have more than 15 personal items.
• Ask the groups to think, talk and plan how best to use these 20 object to construct a beautiful house.
• Allow time for the groups to work to construct their house.
• Allow time for the groups to discover the work of the others and ask each of them to present their house.
• What can you say about the activity?
• How did you come up with your plan for the house that you constructed?
• What factors did you consider?
• How do you feel about the house that you constructed?