Report of NSAM - participants of fifth National Jamboree of Romania „Do the next step”
Fifth National Jamboree of Romania „Do the next step”
Period: August 12 – 21, 2011
Place: Sălişte village, Sibiu
Participants from Romania: scouts (little wolfs, foolhardies, explorers) from 30 local centres.
Participating countries: Republic of Moldova, France, Spain (Catalunia reg.), Czech Republic, Israel, Portugal.
Participants per total: over 1300 scouts and over 200 staff members.
Subcamps Rojam: Bucovina, Dobrogea, Maramureş, Moldova, Muntenia, Transilvania, Oltenia.
Symbol Rojam: Little sheep Rojam.
Educative methods Rojam: I.- Sustainable village -GLOCAUS, II.- Free zone GLOCAUS, III. - Simply Scouting, IV. – Adventure workshops, V. – Scouting techniques, VI.- Hike,VII. – Scouting yersterday, VIII. Scouting today, IX.- Non-formal education fair,X.- Scouting olympics, XI.- Explorating Sibiu edges, XII. – Local projects, XIII. - Subcamp activities, XIV. - Wisdom Hill.
NSAM delegation consisted of 29 participants (4 leaders and 25 explorers), initially it was supposed to be more participants, but due to visa issues (as requested for Schengen region area: in order to let children go abroad, the notary statement has to be signed by both parents and some scouts couldn’t get the right statement because their parents were abroad) we left less.
The participants were located in Maramureş sub camp, next to scouts from Romania and France.
- Every participant received “participant’s notebook” where they could find the detailed program of Rojam, theme of the day, educational methods Rojam (13), and more pages dedicated for sharing daily impressions from Rojam, activities’ results;
- There were activities every day in the subcamp, and outside it;
- Daily journal of Rojam, radio;
- Perceptiveness from administration concerning different issues that might appear during camp period (such as quality of food, cleaning sanitary items, etc)
- Involvement leaders in educational activities and exchange of experience;
- Cultural activities where we could see famous Romanian stars (such as “Bere gratis”, Mircea Vintilă) and young talents;
- Evaluation of activities every evening, where all subcamp participated.
- Trainers and camp staff members were correct, open minders, positive.
Participants from Moldova were very good, leaving good impressions at all the activities.
Due to good results obtained by participants from “Maramureş” sub camp during the whole period, this sub camp won the honorary title “The best sub camp”.
We left camp with the best impressions, we learned a lot, especially because almost all Moldavian scouts have been in such a camp abroad for the first time.