International Catholic Conference of Scouting
The International Catholics Conference of Scouting [ICCS] seeks to bridge the “worlds” of Catholicism and Scouting both spiritually and practically so that all its members can contribute to the improvement and the transformation of the society in which we live.
The purpose of ICCS is to assist young people and adults in fulfilling that part of the Scout Promise that deals with Duty to God. It actively encourages its members to have positive engagement with the spiritual life of their community. This ideal is realised in its member organisations through the support of its Regions. [The Europe-Mediterranean; African; Asia Pacific and Inter-American Regions].
The aims of International Catholic Conference of Scouting are to:
- Contribute to the development and strengthening of the spiritual dimension of Scouting, mindful of the unity and diversity of the World Scout Movement;
- Promote the active participation of Catholic in Scouting in the mission of the Church;
- Facilitate communication between the Catholic Church and the World Scout Movement.
In accordance with its aims the International Catholic Conference of Scouting:
- offers to Catholic Scouts, initiatives in the area of education and the spiritual and religious life of the Church;
- cooperates with other Scout or Guide organisations whose aims are the development of the spiritual and religious dimension;
- positively contributes to the pastoral care of young people and adults;
- promotes ecumenical and Interreligious encounters and dialogue;
- promotes education for peace and justice;
- promotes with WOSM a better understanding of Scouting and its development in the Catholic Church;
ICCS enjoys Consultative Status with the World Scout Committee and is a constituent member of the World Scout Inter-religious Forum.
ICCS World Secretariat:
Piazza Pasquale Paoli, 18
00186 Roma, Italy
|phone:||+39 06 6865270|
|fax:||+39 06 6865211|