To be a credible youth organisation, young people in Scouting need to be involved and empowered to take the lead in their own personal development and the development of their association.
- Provided skills training, supported by mentoring and coaching, to strengthen youth empowerment
- Empowered and supported young people to participate in decision making processes that affect them
- Ensured the presence of youth empowerment measures across all age sections
- Provided training for young people and adult volunteers in youth empowerment and intergenerational dialogue
- Encouraged and promoted the participation and full involvement of young people in constitutional events and organs
- Developed communications strategies that involve young people as the public face of Scouting
If you want to know more about this theme of the Regional Scout Plan 2010-2013 have look at http://euroscoutinfo.com/regional-scout-plan/youth-empowerment