International Commissioners’ Forum 2012
The theme of the Forum is “Making the Connections”.This will be developed in later postings but “Making the Connections” can have a very wide application – with other ICs, with social media, with money, with all our work, with those having experience, with new ideas...
The aim of the forum is to provide a venue for International Commissioners to share and gain information on the important roles they play in the life of their associations.
|start date||6 December 2012||venue||Amalia Hotel|
|end date||9 December 2012||address||10, Amalias ave. Athens, 105 57, Greece|
|contact person||David McKee||phone/fax||+30 210 32 37 300|
|phone||+41 22 705 1101|
For a new IC:
- to understand what the Regions and other NSOs/MOs expect from ICs
- to understand more about the Regions
- to exchange experiences
- to learn from other, more experienced, ICs
- to get to know other ICs and start forming a network
- to get an introduction into the European Conferences
- to get an idea about the things which are important for experienced ICs (see below)
For an experienced IC:
- to enlarge the network
- to share best practices on:
- how to introduce topics from the Regions/World level into the NSO/MO
- how to introduce international topics into the programme of the NSO/MO
- how to organise international work (how to work with an international team, how to divide the work etc.)
- how to prepare units going abroad etc.
- to take an active role in the work of the Regions (by inputting preparations for the conferences, evaluating work done
- be aware of the political issues in the Regions and at World level and to actively contribute to policy and representation issues
For the Regions:
- To get feedback from the ICs
- To involve ICs in the work of the regions
- To “promote” the regions, their work and joint work
- To consult on the current regional plan and future developments
Members of International Teams (with the agreement of the relevant International Commissioner)
Able to communicate well in English and/or in French
The forum will be held from 6 to 9 December. Participants should arrive in time to start the programme at 09.00 on Friday 7 December.
Accommodation will be arranged from Thursday till Sunday inclusive and meals will commence with breakfast on Friday.
Departures should be planned for after 12.30 on Sunday, 9 December.
The forum will be held in English with assisted interpretation from English to French during sessions. During working groups the interpretation service will be limited and assistance from participants may be required.
Guiding and Scouting methods will be used during the forum. This includes learning by doing, working in small groups, exercises, plenary and informal discussion.
There will be ample opportunities for informal networking.
Participants are encouraged to actively participate in offering a topic to share with others. Additional information on the programme will be provided in further communications.
The forum is a self-financed event. Participants who have difficulties with the fee and travelling costs should contact either Regional Office to request information on the possibility of financial assistance from the Regions.
The participation fee relates to the kind of accommodation required, with a standard fee based on two people sharing a room.
Standard participation fee (a bed in twin room): EUR 250.
Participation fee in a single room: EUR 325.
Applications submitted after the deadline (15 November) will be subject of an additional charge of EUR 50.