Number Morse Code
Aim of the Game: To pass on a number of hand squeezes from the first person through to the last person in a line. The line where the person at the end calls out the correct number of hand squeezes wins.
• To exercise concentration (in order to accurately pass on a message).
• To pass on a specific number of hand squeezes given by the facilitator.
• To examine what is needed to accurately pass on a message.
Two equal lines with the facilitator in the centre.
• Ask the Scouts to form two lines with an equal number of people in each line.
• As the facilitator, sit between the two lines and ask them to hold hands together, placing their hands behind their backs so that no-one can see them.
• Tell them that you shall squeeze or press the hands of the first two people in their respective lines (the people next to you and those whose hands you are holding).
• When you do this call out 'GO' which signals the two people to pass on the same number of hand-squeezes to the next person and so on down the line.
• When the hand-squeezes reach the last person in the line, he or she has to stand up and call out the number of hand squeezes that they have received.
• The team or line wins a point if the correct number is called out.
• How was the game?
• What did you do to get the correct number of hand-squeezes?
• What happens if the wrong number of hand-squeezes is passed on to you?
• What situations are like this in real life?