Terms and Conditions
The use of this web site constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions:
- The World Scout Bureau (WSB) maintains this web site (the “Site”) as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the Site (“Users”). The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. WOSM grants permission to Users to visit the Site and to download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, “Materials”) from the Site for the User’s personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell or redistribute them or to compile or create derivative works therefrom, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific Material within this Site.
- World Scout Bureau administers this Site. All Material on this Site from the World Scout Bureau appears subject to the present Terms and Conditions.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials on this Site are those of the various World Scout Bureau staff members, consultants and advisers to WOSM who prepared the work and do not necessarily represent the views of the WOSM or its member countries.
- While the World Scout Bureau endeavours to provide accurate material on its website, it gives no warranty concerning the accuracy of the material provided by this service. Users should refer to the originating bodies or departments sourcing the documents for confirmation of the accuracy of the material.
- The World Scout Bureau provides hypertext links to a number of external sites, but does not accept responsibility for material on these external sites.
- The user of the link is responsible for the downloading of any linked material and/or any fees or charges incurred by the downloading of this material. Downloading of images and/or text without the permission of the copyright owner may breach international copyright laws.
- The World Scout Bureau will have no responsibility or liability in relation to any loss or damage which you incur, including damage to your software or hardware, arising from your use of or access to this site.
scout.org and its content is provided under the terms of the ' Creative Commons Public License (CCPL).' The content of scout.org is protected by copyright and/or other applicable law. Any use of the content other than as authorised under this license (CCPL) or copyright law is prohibited.
Under the ' Creative Commons Public License' you are free:
- to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work
- to make derivative works
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution. You must give the original author credit.
- Non-Commercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike. If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one.
- For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work.
- Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
All trademarks, brand names, product names and titles and copyrights used in this site are trademarks, brand names or copyrights of their respective holders. They are protected by International Law through Intellectual Property Protection Treaties and must not be used or reproduced without express permission. For more information visit the Brand Protection page.
The World Scout Bureau reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Site or any Materials in any respect. The World Scout Bureau shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith.
The World Scout Bureau reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.
No waiver by the World Scout Bureau of any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be binding except as set forth in writing and signed by its duly authorised representative.
Unless otherwise noted, information on this site may be freely reproduced by national Scout organisations which are members of the World Organization of the Scout Movement, with credit given to this source. Others may request permission to use the material.