Terms of Reference governing the "Chairman's Award" for Gallantry
The “Chairman’s Award for Gallantry” is awarded at the sole discretion of the APR Scout Committee Chairman on the recommendation of the Awards Committee on the following conditions:
- The APR Scout Committee Chairman will base his/her selection on the recommendations placed before him by the Awards Committee.
- The medallion is presented to youth members and adults in Scouting who have, either individually or jointly, performed gallantry action/s involving high risk of life for humanitarian cause.
The Gallantry action/s performed by the individual or group must be certified by one of the following position holders in the National Scout Organization where the action took place:
a. Top Volunteer (Chief Commissioner or equivalent)
b. Top Professional (Chief Scout Executive or equivalent)
c. International Commissioner of the NSO
- The gallantry action must be reported with a citation to the Awards Committee through the A-P Regional Office within 6 months of its occurrence. If possible, photos of actions or newspaper articles must be submitted with the report.
- Nominations should be made to the Awards Committee at least six (6) months before the award presentation date.
- In case of death of the Scout/Scout Leader while undertaking the gallant action, posthumous award be presented/passed on to the members of the family.
- The medallion design incorporates the Asia-Pacific Regional emblem surrounded by the cross laurels with the red background. It is a silver plated bar with red-white ribbon and to be pinned on the left chest pocket of the Scout uniform.
- When the actual award is not being worn, the holders may wear the special ribbon bar (cloth patch) above the uniform shirt pocket, subject to the rules of their National Scout Organization. The ribbon bar, similar in color to the award ribbons, has an APR Scout logo silver pin super-imposed in the center. The size of the ribbon bar is 2 cms. X 5.5 cms. including border.
|Gallantry Award recipeints|
Gallantry Award form.pdf 97.08 kB