Aim of the Game: To defend an opinion and stand firm
• To organise thoughts on a specific issue and offer them as defence arguments.
• To develop debating skills.
Paper and pens, strips of paper with debate topics written on them.
• Launch the debate. Each team should:
- determine the side they are to defend.
- prepare their arguments.
- give opening statements.
- provide their arguments to defend their position.
- answer points arising from the other team.
- make closing statements to summarise their arguments.
Suggested topics: For and Against
• Girls are better than boys when it comes to managing their lives.
• There are no serious health threats to young people in this country.
• HIV/AIDS is not a problem in this country.
• Drugs and substance abuse are not a real threat to young people who just like to experiment.
• How was the experience of the debate?
• What did you do to prepare the debate?
• What did you find difficult when organising your arguments?
• How did you manage the difficulties?
• What did you do to be able to respond to the arguments offered by the opposing team?