To help Scouts form and express views on a subject.
• Identifying the problem
• Measuring change
• The leader develops statements on the topic of the Gift for Peace which does not have a simple 'yes' or 'no' answer so may promote varying responses.
• One end of the meeting place is marked AGREE and the other DISAGREE. Scouts are told to imagine a line between the two.
• The leader then reads out a statement.
• The Scouts then move to stand on the imaginary line showing their opinion – they may stand anywhere along the line depending on how strongly they agree or disagree with the statement.
• The leader then asks some of the Scouts to explain why they have chosen to stand where they have.
'Agree' and 'Disagree' signs.