Youth Forum Information
The 11th World Scout Youth Forum will take place in Brazil, from Monday 3 January to Thursday 6 January 2011. Find here more information about this important event!
11th WORLD SCOUT YOUTH FORUM PLANNING COMMITTEE
The members of the 11th WSYF Planning Committee are:
- Miss Milena Pecarski – Youth Advisor and Chairperson of the 11th World Scout Youth Forum
- Miss Karin Ahlbäck – Youth Advisor
- Mr. Jaemin Choi – Youth Advisor
- Mr. Kevin Li – Youth Advisor
- Miss Nadia S. Morrone – Youth Advisor
- Miss Fernanda Santos Soares – Youth Advisor
- Mr. Mario Diaz – Vice-Chairman, World Scout Committee
- Mr. Ricardo Stuber – Host Committee
In the first meeting in Geneva, November 2008, the Planning Committee agreed on a number of topics that would be relevant to discuss. Both Scouting and non-Scouting topics were considered.
Theme: “ Paddle your own canoe”
“Empowering young adults”, including:
- Youth involvement in society
- active citizenship
- youth empowerment
- rights of young people
- Skills for life
- soft skills
- Personal Commitment
“World Wide Movement – Scouting”, including:
- Revitalizing Young Adults Programme
- Quality of the programme (growth)
- Scouting and technology
- Guidelines for the Rover Scout Section
- Impact on society
- Millennium Development Goals
- The Scouts of the World Award
- Education for Peace
- International Scouting
- Values of Scouting
- Items from the agenda of the 39th World Scout Conference, 2011
- Strategy for Scouting
- World Organization of the Scout Movement
A detailed programme of the 11th WSYF will be available at the Youth Forum documents area at the beginning of 2010.
For the different sessions, the Planning Committee will develop methodologies that provide the participants with opportunities for sharing ideas and developing skills. In general the methodology will be interactive, provocative, creative and flexible – in order to appeal to young people.
Various working methods will be used to share ideas among the participants, to develop discussion on the different topics and reach recommendations to be addressed to the World Scout Committee. ScoutPost is now in FaceBook where participants will have the opportunity to discuss and share before the event.
Our Brazilian hosts will also organise activities, close to nature and in a “Scout spirit”, to discover and enjoy their country and to develop closer relationships between participants and hopefully interact with Brazilian young people.